San Antonio's Rockstar Turned Realtor®: Top Ten Real Estate Domain Names

Top Ten Real Estate Domain Names

Perfect Ten

Is your URL a Perfect 10?

Thanks to Renee Burrows (whose name I consistently spell completely wrong) and her shackdiva.com domain name, I got to thinking about URLs and what I liked about various real estate domain names.  Some are funny or witty, some define the real estate agent that owns them, and some create a whole universe around them.  Acquiring a domain name can be a fun process (and it can be hellish when every good idea you dream up seems to be owned already) and selecting the right one can make a huge difference.  Finding a domain name that is memorable can boost your traffic and help you build "brand awareness."

With that in mind, I created my Top Ten Real Estate Domain Names list at RErockstar.com.  Stop by and check them out and if you have some suggestions for other great domain names, leave them in the comments.  I'm thinking I might make it a semi-regular contest, what do you think?

photo courtesy of woodleywonderworks

Comment balloon 14 commentsMatt Stigliano • November 27 2010 10:45AM

Comments

House Chick and Real Estate Weenie! Priceless. Great marketing. I'll remember those two after only reading them once!

Posted by Greg Nino, Houston, Texas (RE/MAX Compass, formerly RE/MAX WHP) about 8 years ago

That looks like a good list.  They sound exciting without even looking at them.

Posted by Chuck Carstensen, Minnesota Real Estate Expert (RE/MAX Results) about 8 years ago

Cool list.  I like the Real Estate Zebra one, really catchy.  One of my domains is: www.justcallmichael.com and it seems to work fairly well.  I like your contest idea!

Posted by Michael Delaware, REALTOR®, CRS, GRI (North Sky Realty LLC) about 8 years ago

LOL I meant to tell you that you spelled Renee's name wrong over at your Wordpress site:)

Posted by Bill Gassett, Metrowest Massachusetts Real Estate (RE/MAX Executive Realty) about 8 years ago

We have a local company that created www.renoeNVy.com that is pretty catchy (not real estate related  but they have a great product). Now there is a RealEstateeNVy.com and I think a local lender has copied the eNVy theme as well. I guess when you create such a cool domain it is bound to be copied.

Renee gets a thumbs up from me for here shackdiva.com domain. When you know Renee, shackdiva really fits her!!

Posted by Terrie Leighton, Reno Real Estate Agent ~ Selling Homes in Reno (Ferrari-Lund Real Estate ) about 8 years ago

There are a few names I will not forget either! I have been battling with getting a catchy name but not doing good. I guess that is because I am the only Artsy-fartsie person in my hang out group. All my artsy-fartsie friends moved very far away...sure do miss them.

Maybe I should write a post and ask for ideas...what do you think?

Posted by Sussie Sutton, UTR TEXAS Realtors - Rep for buyers and sellers. (UTR Texas Realtors) about 8 years ago

Some big hitters there with Ines and Theresa...brings up the chicken/egg theory.  Are there domains' that big or did thea authors make them that big?

Cindy in Indy

Posted by Cindy Marchant, "Cindy in Indy" , Realtor, Fishers Real Estate (Keller Williams Indy NE 317-290-7775 www.marchantteam.com) about 8 years ago

Nice post, Matt! I've always liked housechick.com. I wonder when the domain name expires? I might be able to snipe it!

Cheers,

Robin

Posted by Robin Rogers, CRS, TRC, MRP - Real Estate Investment Adviser (Robin Rogers, Silverbridge Realty, San Antonio, Texas) about 8 years ago

Great list, Matt. My fav is ShackDiva and I even told Renee that the other day. It's awesome. Another good one is www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com  It's a little long but I got a kick out of it.

Posted by Eric Michael, Metro Detroit Real Estate Professional 734.564.1519 (Remerica Integrity, Realtors®, Northville, MI) about 8 years ago

I bought CallMargaret.com a few years ago - it's okay but not catchy, not standout, just normal.  I've been racking my brain - yours, BTW, is excellent.

Posted by Margaret Goss, Chicago's North Shore & Winnetka Real Estate (Baird & Warner Real Estate) about 8 years ago

HAHA!  I found this post how many months later??  I was googling my images and this post was connected in there!

Posted by Renée Donohue~Home Photography, Western Michigan Real Estate Photographer (Savvy Home Pix) over 7 years ago

Matt-I'm just starting to look for a new domain name, Yikes!  I should maybe crowdsource this on AR. Thanks for the post.

Posted by Adrian Willanger, Profit from my two decades of experience (206 909-7536 AdrianWillanger-broker.com) over 7 years ago

Try www.Turff.com.  They cater to real estate professionals & have over 1000 real estate domain names for sale in 3 different categories; Premium, CityPro & Rural.

Posted by Tom about 6 years ago

Sorry, but your link with the list is no longer active, and it issues 404.
But if you ask me about how to properly create a brand taking into account the domain, I can advise you this article: https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/real-estate-business-name-generator-online-suggestions-or-tedious-naming-process

Posted by Alexey over 1 year ago